AB InBev (ANH:JSE) has steadily fallen from it’s R2,000 high in Feb 2016 down below R1,100 today. The fall is as a result of them processing the massive take-over of SAB, the Rand strengthening and the market pricing in a dividend cut in the full-year results to December.
ANH’s emerging market exposure will provide it with superior growth over the long-term, and with Trump likely to strike a trade deal with China, we could see shares with emerging market exposure gain favour soon. With many international asset managers underweight EMs, there could be a rush into stocks like ANH.
Buy AB InBev below R1,100 for a move to R1,500 over the coming months
Trade from anywhere on any device!
Use this Direct Market Execution system to trade Shares, Commodities, CFDs and Forex from one account in Rand.
Go to: www.protrade.co.za
Last week’s Movers and Shakers
The week ahead:
- Local Data: Mining and Manufacturing: Production and Sales (08/11)
- Results Due: AYO, GAI (06/11); AEE, SDC (07/11); ILU, MZR, PPE, REB, SSK (08/11); CMO, NFP, NVS, REN, CFR, TKG, TDH (09/11)
- LDT (06/11): ACT, ALP, CRG, OCT, PSG, SEA
Other Economic data releases of interest…
- Tuesday: RBA Rate Statement (AUS), Congressional Elections (USA)
- Wednesday: Unemployment Rate, Inflation Expectations, Official Cash Rate, RBNZ Monetary Policy Statement (NZL)
- Thursday: RBNZ Press Conference (NZL); FOMC Statement, Federal Funds Rate (USA)
- Friday: RBA Monetary Policy Statement (AUS); GDP, Manufacturing Production (UK); PPI (USA)
Short Term Ideas
- Goldfields: 14.87% open gain, Target remains R45.25, stop loss remains a daily close below R38.25
Long Term Ideas
- Richemont: Results due Friday. Buy dips below R105.00. Target R130.00
- Dischem: Up 7.84%, and target of R37.05 remains in place.
- Lewis: Bouncing nicely, open gain 18.63%. Place stop loss at R32.00
- Remgro: Moving higher, buy dips below R200.
- Coronation: Buy dips below R50.00 for a move back to R80
- Shoprite: A break above R200 is needed to curb further declines. Hold.
- Aspen: Bottoming out. Add below R165.00, keep exposure appropriate.
- Sygnia: Trading below R8. Add
- MTN: A break above R90 targets R100. Hold
- Glencore: Bounced strongly above R60.00. Hold
- Naspers: Strong rally from below R2,500 on MSCI announcement. Hold